Tis only me

Tis only me

Wednesday 11 November 2015

The first leg of the journey and already a lesson learned!

.The theory was, get the 7.20am bus to Cork city, wait there and get the bus to Dublin Airport and fly to London, waiting till Tuesday to fly to New York, a simple plan?

At 6am, I checked the status of the Dublin to London flight, as some flights were being cancelled, because of fog.  It was cleared for take off and so was I. Slept most of the journey to Cork, which was great the night before was not “8 hours of full relaxation sleep” effort, as you can well imagine.

Met with a great friend for coffee and got my hair cut and looked a million “Dollars” (When nearly in America?) 
 Next job was to check in and print off ticket, went to a very busy internet Cafe, where to my shook, everyone was eating very obviously at the desks, which is a little annoyance of mine. After a couple of clicks, I was on the British Airways website and ready to go, or was I?  After going back and forward, verifying and realising, my flight to London had been cancelled. I found number for British Airways Dublin information, Eventually, got to talk to some lovely lady, who, after a very long time, told me she couldn't help me, as I had booked in America and could only change things there.

I then rang America, hoping they could sort things out on that end and then the big decision came………

2.30pm bus back to Castletownbere or 2.30pm bus to Dublin Airport?
There was a very seductive train of thought being offered with the bus to Castletownbere, I could go home, think to myself that; 
“Nothing ever works out for me, no matter what I do, everything falls part. I have the Midas touch, only backwards. It’s fine for all the other people, life happens so easy for them, they just sail through it and enjoy, whereas, I’ve nothing only blocks, stop signs and destruction.”

But, since my new affirmation, over the last month has been; With head held up high and shoulders back “I’m good, I’m lovely and I want to succeed” i decide to go with that and head to Dublin.

On route, I got a call from British Airways with America on another line and it was sorted, I now fly today, Tuesday from Dublin to London and then London to New York. With all the calls to here, there and everywhere, the battery died on my phone, where I had the number of a good friends partner, who I could stay with, if I could only contact, 

There were sockets on the bus for chargers.

But I had packed all chargers in the big case, which was sitting in the bowels of the bus

I had my iPad and contacted my friend by Facebook and she organised my stay-Phew!


So, here I am, waiting to head to Dublin Airport and still head to America, all because 
“I’m good
I’m lovely
and
I want to succeed!”



A good mixture of positive thinking, quick wits and practical action is only way to combat the beautiful challenges that life throws your way? 


No comments:

Post a Comment